Circles

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Top Five, let's hear it


Who’s your favorite and why? I am talking about musicians. I am asking who you believe is your top five vocalists amongst the music world. I will have more postings down the road for top five guitarists, drummer, bassists, etc… But this one is all vocals baby. I want some feedback on this as well. Your picks can be for whatever reason you hold, whether it is something like raw vocal talent, or songwriting capabilities. My top five will not be in any order, so here we go. First off, Freddie Mercury, amazing tenor and an uncanny ability to produce harmonies. It is hard to find any harmonizing vocal sounds like that on any Queen album. Brandon Boyd of course, if you knew me, you knew this was coming. Incredible range, amazing songwriter, ability to reinvent sound, and near perfect live performances make this man land in my top five. Moving on to a very well known amazing vocal artist, Robert Plant. Screaming highs and songwriting skills that helped mold Led Zeppelin into the legend that they are today, and will continue to be tomorrow. Bob Dylan is quite possibly one of the best songwriters ever, his vocal talents though were not anything special, but it shows that you don’t have to hit ridiculous notes to be considered a great vocalist. Tool’s front man, and A Perfect Circle’s, James Maynard Keenan wraps up my five. Incredible lyrics and a voice that holds some of the most dedicated fans in the world, believe me you do not want to insult Tool in front of any fan. The thing about these artists is that one knows after hearing one or two words who the vocalist is. They are very unique and distinct, and have earned their way to be known as great vocalists. I bet you thought I would start off with top five guitarists, hah!

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Kristian Twombly said...

Five vocalists? I'll list a few but you should know that they'll change as soon as I write this....

Janis Joplin
Howlin Wolf
Ian McKaye
Trent Reznor
Jay-Z
Chris Cornell
Aretha Franklin
Otis Redding

(there are a ton more)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home