Circles

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Help!


This may seem like an unusual post, but as you can tell I am very interested in the precision craft of guitar design and construction. Guitar builders, or Luthiers, have to know so many details to create even the simplest guitar. There are a handful of noteworthy schools that teach this craft, and we actually have one here in Minnesota. What I am asking is if anyone knows how to find what the job outlook looks like for luthiers. I have attempted at emailing some of the well known companies about it but the responses I have received are not what I was looking for. I would like to know what the average luthiers bring in. I know that if you are looking for a career you should do what makes you happy, but what makes you happy might not put food on the table or a roof over your head. Any info would be helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home