Circles

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ahh yes Fernandes

Well well we have here a Ravelle Elite electric guitar by Fernades of course. This badass has a Carved maple top, Mahogany Body/Neck, The patented Fernandes Sustainer system built in also a Seymour Duncan humbucker at the bridge. I was borderline at buying this guitar over my Schecter for many reasons. Great tone, good looks and unlimited sustain! The Sustainer system put out by Fernandes is truly unique. I played around with it for a bit while I was at the store making my final choice and it was difficult. The Sustainer gives you a few options, it can have infinite sustain, allowing to hold out notes for an unnaturally long time, and the notes being held don't change from their true tone. But if you flip a switch then you have something else to play with, it automatically creates a harmonic to the note(s) you are playing which can be something similar to a pinch harmonic, and I found that pinch harmonics all of a sudden become all too easy. My guitar guru that I grew up with said I made the right choice in the Schecter because he would have called me a cheater for the whole harmonic deal... guitarists out there, you know what I mean. It's body structure carry's some similarities to that of the Les Paul, but cut just a bit more. I was told by the salesman that Fernandes was currently in a lawsuit with Gibson because of their similarities with that of Gibson's. True or untrue I do not know how the story ended. Anyway it is still an amazing instrument, one of which I would very much like to add to my collection some other time down the road, hopefully sooner then later. For some more depth or just some better looks at this beauty just go right here to Fernandes' official site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home